The law on data protection in the UK changed on 25 May 2018. The new act, the Data Protection Act 2018, applies the Europe-wide General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to the UK.
The new rules are designed to take account of the massive changes in data use since the Data Protection Act 1998. Facebook, smartphones, even Google did not exist at the time these rules were created, so the world has changed and the law must do so too.
Our school has published a new privacy statement and other documents as required to fit the new rules.
For further information on this, please see the ICO website
The following policies are held in school:
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Access Control Policy
- Bring your own Device Policy for Schools
- Cyber and Information Security Policy for Schools
- Data Protection Policy
- Freedom of Information Policy
- Data Protection Incident Reporting Procedure
- Information Classification and Handling
- School Subject Access Policy and Procedures